SENA IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE PERKS CARD
SENA 9158 IS PROUD TO ANNOUCE THE NEW PERKS PROGRAM TO OUR MEMBERS
SENA Local 9158,
In association with PerksCard, is proud to provide you with your PerksCard. This entitles you and your family to discounts from “Featured Merchants” right where you live and work. Once registered you will be able to view discounts from local “Featured Merchants” specifically for
SENA Local 9158. New discounts are added every week, so check the site often.
Welcome to PerksCard!
Start saving today by following these easy steps:
1. Go to HTTP://www.perkscard.com (CLICK HERE FOR ACCESS)
2. Click on "Register Now" located on top of the homepage
3. In the field labeled "Your Group Code" simply enter:
4. Fill out your profile information and click "Register" at the bottom
of the page
Once registered, you will be able to log on directly using the username and password you created. You can search for discounts available to you both locally and on a national level. Click "Printable Card" to print out your PerksCard. Present it to participating local merchants in your area to receive exclusive discounts available only to you!
Log on to www.perkscard.com and start saving today!
Need help registering? Call toll-free 1-877-253-7100 to speak with a PerksCard representative
TENTATIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE BOSTON PUBLIC HEALTH COMMISSION AND SENA, LOCAL 9158
TENTATIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE BOSTON PUBLIC HEALTH COMMISSION AND THE UNITED STEELWORKERS OF AMERICA, SENA, LOCAL 9158 REGARDING SUCCESSOR COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
REACHED OCTOBER 21, 2013
- The parties agree that all articles and terms of the collective bargaining agreement covering the period July 1, 2008 to September 30, 2010 (“2008-2010 CBA”) will be extended without modification for the period commencing on October 1, 2010 and ending on September 30, 2016 except as expressly provided herein and that all Side Letters of Agreement and Memoranda of Agreement previously executed by the parties that are currently in force shall remain in full force and effect except as expressly provided herein.
- Tentative Agreement is subject to ratification by both parties and appropriation by the City of Boston.
For More Information you must logon and go to the BPHC page!
The primary election had candidates supported by SENA victorious in their run for Boston City Council. Stephen Murphy, Ayanna Pressley, and Michael Flaherty finished in the top three for At Large Councillor while candidate and current SENA member Tim McCarthy of Hyde Park took the top spot in District 5.
Finally, remember the candidacy of Bill Linehan a former SENA member from South Boston in his attempt for reelection to the Boston City Council.
Thanks to our Union
SENA 9158 Members
In June 2011 after almost 32 years with the Parks Department I was notified that I was being terminated. I am happy to inform all members that I returned this month after being off the job for the past two years.
During this period SENA’s Executive Board strongly supported me and fought tooth and nail for me. I would like to personally thank our Attorneys Al Gordon and Jill Ryan and Executive Board member Bernie Killarney for supporting and being with me during every step of the grievance and arbitration process. I am not sure I could have done it without them.
I am back on the job and hope that I can serve as an example to all members that we have rights and our union will make sure that we will be provided these protections and rights each and every working day. During the arbitration one of our members had an opportunity to tell the truth and exonerate me. Unfortunately he chose not to, and along with Deputy Commissioner Bernie Lynch, he adamantly supported the City and my termination. It is unfortunate that the union is unable to do something about members who do harm to other members.